- 3 cups of sifted plain flour
- 2 tsps. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of sea salt flakes by Fos
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil by Fos 1704
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
For The Filling
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 250 gr of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of grated kaseri cheese( yellow cheese)
- 3 tbsps. of single cream
- To make the pastry place all the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture forms a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Once the dough has rested remove it from the fridge and roll it out to about 3 mm thick. Cut out rounds using a 12cm cookie cutter.
- Lightly mix the filling ingredients in another bowl and proceed to place 1 tbsp of filling in each round.
- Fold each round in half and seal the edges with a fork to achieve a nice crimped edge.
- Place the pies onto a baking tray, brush with egg wash and place in a preheated 180 °C oven for about 25-30 mins (depending how your oven works!). This recipe yields approx. 25 small pies.