- 5 medium eggs
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 50ml Extra virgin olive oil by FOS 1704
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 passion fruit halved seeded and juice reserved.
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/fan 140oC/gas mark 3
- Grease and line a 23cm spring form tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs for about 3mins, until pale and foamy, and leaves a trail when you lift out the beaters.
- Continue to whish on a high speed while you add the olive oil drop by drop.
- Sift the flour onto the mixture and fold in gently with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture in the lined tin form and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden, springy and shrinking away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Drenge the sponge with sifted icing sugar, slice and serve with passion fruit juice drizzled around each plate.
- Alternatively try it with Kalamata Papadimitriou Balsamic cream with Strawberry.